Tofu Hamburgers with pitta
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the chopped
onion until cooked through; Set aside
2. In a bowl. mix the lean ground beef and salt and pepper until well
In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add tofu, chopped bread, milk,
cooked onion and salt and pepper.
3. Shape into oval 8 patties. press down to form a dent in the center.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over low heat.
Cook on each side and pour 100 ml water (or more), covered until
4.Place the chopped paprika over the hamburgers and cover with
the cut cheese.
5.Bake in 190C oven until the cheese is melted.
6. Dab each pitta with the mustard. Stuff each with burgers.